Did you know that all Marketplace plans cover the same set of essential health benefits, preventive care, and pre-existing conditions? Starting November 1st we can enroll you in or renew your plan for 2019, so give WFL a call!
What are essential health benefits?
- Essential health benefits are a set of 10 categories of services — including doctor's visits, inpatient and outpatient hospital care, prescription drugs, pregnancy and childbirth, mental health, and more — that health insurance plans must cover.
- Plans must also offer birth control and breastfeeding coverage.
- These are the minimum requirements for all Marketplace plans. Plans may offer more benefits. You’ll see exactly what’s covered when you compare plans.
What’s preventive care?
- Most health plans must cover a set of preventive services — like shots and screening tests — at no cost to you.
- Preventive services are used to prevent illnesses, disease, and other health problems, or to detect illness at an early stage when treatment is likely to work best.
- These services are free only when delivered by a doctor or other provider in your plan’s network.
What’s coverage for pre-existing conditions?
- All Marketplace plans must cover treatment for pre-existing medical conditions, like asthma, diabetes, or cancer.
- Marketplace plans can’t deny you coverage or raise your rates based only on your health.
- Pregnancy is also covered from the day your plan starts.
Original Source https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/2019-benefits-services-marketplace-plans-cover/